Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wherever you go, there He is...


Today was rough- I'm still sipping tea in the hopes of alleviating my headache... I left the house stressed, late and just generally frazzled. My jeep's gas gauge was buried and I still had to drive to my other office out of town.

Sigh.

But you know what's funny?

The Beatles.

yes. that's right. You were probably expecting something deep and spiritual... nope- not from here you're not getting none of that.

My sister lent me her iPod (I really REALLY need to get my own... someday)

And as I drove- I just sank into the music.

And when I got to my office, and I had a spare moment to journal- as I was letting my frustrations flow with the ink of my pen onto the page- I noticed the verse at the bottom.

Jeremiah 29:11-12.

Just so you know, God haunts me with that verse. It just keeps popping up in my life- and I've learned that whenever i see it, it is not an accident or coincidence- God is up to something... (as usual)

so there it was: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.

The journal was probably printed in the 90's... and I don't usually bring my journal into work, either. But there God was. It's comforting to think that wherever we're going in life, God is already there- with a plan and open arms, ready to help us out with exactly what we need most. Remember that. And trust Him- especially when He's mischievous...

No comments:

Post a Comment