Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A thought from the depths of myself.

I have been really angry and cynical about a lot of things in my life lately.  I realize that I sometimes come across so angry and hateful.  I don't want to be.  I am trying to embrace the plan God had for me.  It's really hard.  I am starting to see that a life, believing in God and his plan is sometimes harder than the average life, because I expect more. 

 I expect God to show up and be there when I am hurting.  I forget that he's there already and always has been, and that he knows the whole picture of what my life is to be, and I don't.  Sometimes i'm unfair to God.  I get so mad and ask him "Why?!  Why me?!"  Well, the truth is, if I know I am strong and God goes before me and my life, why NOT me?  I think if you are angry at God, though, you should be honest with him and tell him.  He knows already.  He understands my pain and my struggles with myself and my life.  Sometimes I believe the lies I am told, too: I'm not skinny enough, pretty enough, successful enough, smart enough, artistic enough, religious enough.  None of those things are true.  I have decided that I am done trying to be a standard other people can live with.  I want to be a standard I can live with, A standard God created.  I am me, Lindsey Dominguez and I always will be.  I might as well be the best version of myself I can.  That's the only real truth for myself.  God made me to be me.  Not somebody else.  The best I can do is be me and like being me.  God made me strong and I can live with the things life throws at me.
I don't know why but this song has been really inspiring me this week:




Like what you read? Want it live at your Church, Christian Camp or Youth Group? - please let Ryan know- I'd love to! Please email to ryanpfreeman1@aol.com Thanks and God bless -Ryan

2 comments:

  1. This is such an encouragement to me! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading:) That was a rough week and I felt like I just needed to write it down.

    ReplyDelete