Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Remember when you Forget

There is something in the air today that makes me uncertain.  I can't help but feel like a season has passed, like there's a slight melancholy in my mind and heart.  I feel heavy for somer eason.  Really heavy, like something is about to crash on me or wake me up.  I think I spend a lot of my time in disillusionment.  Have I been lying to myself?  I feel like everybody does.  So what do we do with that?  Am I really who I think I am?  Or who I want to be?  I catch myself trying to tell people to love one another, be nice to their fellow mankind, but I catch myself being mean and hateful to the people that matter most to me.  Thank God i'm a work in progress, because sometimes I can't believe the things I say and do, when i'm supposed to be a light in this world.
I have to remember that forgiveness is still alive an well, along with redemption and mercy.  Sometimes I forget.

1 comment:

  1. yeah- I really felt that way yesterday- a very heavy sadness or melancholy that only really lulled down after the election coverage went into full swing in the KKIM studios... Proverbs 3 is really speaking to me today, for some odd reason though, so we'll see...
    see you tonight at church I suppose-
    peace

    ReplyDelete